Thursday, November 14, 2013

Lessons Learned: Take Care of Yourself!

Sometimes, I'm thinking of what to do next. What's going to be the most impactful? How can I contribute to certain activities. During this same time, I'm learning really oppressive things that happen around the country in which some of these acts, I'm the target of. However, I never realized that self care was such an important thing. So much information especially around discrimination and oppression can take a mental toll on both leaders and participants and it's good to infuse lighter activities and mental breaks that can bring your mood back to a better place.

Lessons Learned is a RAPP Blog initiative intended for folks who hold formal leadership positions in RAPP programs to share what they're learning through their process



No comments:

Post a Comment