Friday, February 1, 2013

Peace Corps Visit, Schedule a Speaker - Feb 25th!

From the Center for Service Learning & Civic Engagement:
The spring campaign season is about to begin, and I wanted to inform you of the following events I will be holding on UC’s campus in February.  Please forward to interested students, faculty, and/or staff who might be interested in learning more about opportunities with Peace Corps.
·        Monday, February 25th 
o   Office Hours, 2:00 – 5:00 p.m., Career Development Center, 104 University Pavilion.
Stop by the Career Development Center to speak directly with a Peace Corps Recruiter! This is a great opportunity for those interested in learning more about Peace Corps, current applicants, or those who just want more guidance on the application process, to meet with a seasoned recruiter in a one-on-one format. No appointments necessary, just stop in!
o   Information Session, 6:00 p.m., Tangemen University Center (TUC) 419 A-B
We will watch a short video highlighting a few volunteers in their global communities, talk about the application process, and discuss the benefits of service. Former Volunteers will speak about their services and to answer any questions. All are welcome!
I would also love to speak to any classes while I will be on campus.  My class talks typically take about 5-10 minutes where I speak to students briefly about Peace Corps and advertise the events that will be held on campus.  Feel free to contact me if you would be interested in hosting me in one of your classes!
Finally, I have attached an electronic flyer to the email- feel free to post them in or around your classroom/office. 
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions, and for more information on recruiting events in Southwest Ohio and Northern Kentucky, please visit http://www.peacecorps.gov/index.cfm?shell=meet.events
Thank you for your generous support of Peace Corps, and I look forward to visiting UC!  
Best,
Katie Sylvester
Field Based Recruiter - Cincinnati
U.S. Peace Corps

No comments:

Post a Comment