Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Lessons Learned: Questions about Social Justice Education Career Paths

I am occasionally asked about how one gets involved in Social Justice Education as a career path. Let me say that I love being asked this question because I feel that I have positively impacted someone's potential career choice.

Though I am grateful, I struggle because I often don't have an answer. Personally, I stayed involved with organizations that supported social justice values. This helped me better understand the field of Social Justice Education. Through participating in conferences like the Social Justice Training Institute or Tristate Diversity Conference and programs like RAPP here at UC I feel I have a better understanding of where my career path lies.

I resolve that I will have a better answer the next time I am asked this question through reflection and I hope that it happens again and again!

Lessons Learned is a RAPP Blog initiative intended for folks who hold formal leadership positions in RAPP programs to share what they're learning through their process

No comments:

Post a Comment