Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Lessons Learned: Little Details Add Up

Sometimes when I consider what tremendous consequences come from little things. I am tempted to think there are no little things. - Bruce Barton

Recently, I was reminded that little details add up, for better and for worse! I need to balance this knowledge with my tendency toward harmful perfectionism. 

As a RAPP intern, I am often given several assignments that appear to have nothing to do with one another. When completing them all at once, I found that it is easy to skip a step or miss some of the finer details. On the flip side of that, my ongoing battle with perfectionism makes it easy to get lost in a single detail. I lose focus on that fact that these tasks are all interrelated and without one, the others tend to suffer. In the future, it will be important for me to find a balance between hitting all of the details and getting lost in just a few of them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment