Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Meet the RAPP 2012-13 Leadership in Their Own Words!

Tonight is orientation night for RAPP XXVIII!  What better day to highlight the students who are holding formal leadership positions in RAPP this academic year.

Brice Mickey - RAPP XXVIII Facilitator
Hello RAPPers! I look forward to meeting all of you.  I was a member of RAPP XXV and I'm a student at UC.  If you want to know anything else, JUST ASK!

Farooq Alkhateeb - RAPP XXVIII Peer Leader
Hi RAPPers! I'm Farooq Alkhateeb and I'm going to be one of your Peer Leaders for RAPP XXVIII. I am a graduate of RAPP XXVII and I liked it so much that I decided to be a leader for you all!  I became interested in social justice when I first heard about RAPP two years ago.  I've always enjoyed discussing and sharing my culture with other people.  If there was on thing that I could personally change, it would be people' perceptions of Muslims and Arabs.
My hobbies include playing with computers, weightlifting, swimming, and cooking.  I'm a senior majoring in IT.  I can't wait to meet you!


Jamieson Williams - RAPPORT 2012-13 Facilitator
I am a third year E-Media major.  Part of RAPP XXVII last year.  I will now be taking on the role of Facilitator in RAPPORT for the 2012-2013 school year.  I've always enjoyed learning about social issues in society and since RAPP, learning how to educate and solve them.  Knowing is only half the battle, how you process and share that information is what makes the difference.


 Kristin Myers-Young - RAPP XXVIII Peer Leader

My name is Kristin Myers-Young. I am looking forward to meeting and getting to know all of you.  I am a Senior Communication and Africana Studies Minor.  I have been blessed to work as a Student Orientation Leader in 2009, and currently a Student Orientation Coordinator ever sense then. I am truly honored to be your Peer Leader this year because RAAP has changed my life tremendously and it my way of giving back to this great program by helping you in your journey.  I believe that we have a lot to learn from each other so that we can truly improve our world!


Rebecca Lehman - RAPP Program Coordinator
Rebecca is a proud alumna of RAPP XXII and has been a leader with RAPP since 2007.  She views social justice education as awareness & skill development work that everyone can do.  She is most personally passionate about education and activism around issues of race, gender, sexuality, and the intersections between them.  She greatly enjoys educational program planning and curriculum development.
Rebecca is a second generation Bearcat with degrees in English Literature (BA) and Community Health Promotion & Education (MS). She's a graduate of the UC University Honors Program.  Her hobbies include playing ukulele, reading about communicable diseases, and practicing yoga.



 Tianshu Lu - RAPP XXVIII Peer Leader
Tianshu is a senior Accounting student at UC. She is a RAPP XXVI alumn.  Her currently favorite quotes are "anything you can imagine is true" and "nothing happened by chance."  Her hobbies include photography, random drawing, and cooking.  She likes RAPP because it's very diverse.  She thinks that "Each One Teach One" is a good way to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment