Sunday, September 15, 2013

Lessons Learned: Change Isn't Instant

Going into ARJ 2013, I knew that through facilitation and awareness of new topics that challenge the way the participants think would produce a quick change in thought processes. However, my mind was looking at the finish line (which is on-going because we're forever learning), instead of this being the starting point. ARJ 2013 is a week long intensive, and even with my year in RAPP, I realized that not all of my conflicting or oppressive views had "taken drastic changes" during my intensive. Social Justice is an ongoing process and a goal in which the speed will vary from participant to participant.




Lessons Learned is a RAPP Blog initiative intended for folks who hold formal leadership positions in RAPP programs to share what they're learning through their process

No comments:

Post a Comment