Monday, September 23, 2013

SJTI: Jamieson's Perspective

We even had a chant. SGS!
Although I don't remember what SGS stood for (shame on my part!), I do remember the impact that came from the experience. The Student Social Justice Institute was my first "like-RAPP" experience. It was held at UMass Lowell and covered over three days. I'm so used to what RAPP was like for me, and constantly compared to my experience in that intensive, completely missing the point that there are so many social justice programs out there and many of them will have different objectives, approaches, and facilitation styles. It was such a calming experience and I met so many people across the country who do things on their campus related to multicultural affairs and social justice programming.

Lessons Learned is a RAPP Blog initiative intended for folks who hold formal leadership positions in RAPP programs to share what they're learning through their process

No comments:

Post a Comment