Friday, September 19, 2014

The Art of Effective Facilitation: What Ticks You Off?

Everyday, we are faced with so many things that can either make us extremely happy or send us spiraling out of control. Usually, it doesn't take much. What am I babbling about you may ask and I will tell you. Its TRIGGERS! Knowing what triggers you and the people you are around can make all the difference. 

As a future educator, understanding and working through my own triggers will not only help my students but this will also allow me the brain space to realize other peoples triggers while de-escalating an issue and also creating a dialogue that is healthy and conduces learning.

Did you know that there are ways to acknowledge and obliterate triggers? Well, there are and many of them you already know. The most common is is to put your own feelings on the back burner and listen to others. Then, gather up your empathetic feelings and get to the bottom of the issue.

I know this is better said than done but if we all try, each one of us can identify triggers and work through them.



No comments:

Post a Comment