A common refrain we hear when working with groups is that we deepen their relationships through talking about "unmentionables." Critical concepts like race and justice are oft on people's minds, but many of us find ourselves in spaces where we can't talk about them or feel safe talking about them.
By participating in Accelerating Racial Justice, you'll build friendships through meaningful connections in several ways:
- You'll meet 25 other Bearcats who are also interested in building their skills & knowledge around racial justice and inclusive leadership - a great commonality for first connections!
- You'll be supported by an experienced team through the usually challenging process of having meaningful conversations about personal experiences around race and exclusion with people of different races - a meaningful experience building a lasting connection! The Accelerating Racial Justice process includes components on maintaining your connections after the five days are over.
- You'll build your own practice at having these conversations as well as leave with a group of new friends who have shared the experience - key skills and connections you'll take home with you!
Folks who participate in Accelerating Racial Justice are welcomed into the RAPP community, which I like to describe as hundreds strong and decades long (around 800 people have completed a RAPP intensive and we've been around for 26 years).
Apply for Accelerating Racial Justice today! Applications are due by 5PM on Friday, June 15th.
|Building friends through RAPP is both challenging and FUN!|
How to ApplyThere are two steps to apply for this life-changing program:
- Read the Information for Potential Applicants. This piece is designed to cover the common questions people may have about Accelerating Racial Justice to help you decide if it's what you're looking for.
- Complete a written application. This application gathers basic information from candidates. Information on how to access the application is available in the Information for Potential Applicants, which you are expected to read before completing a written application.
Please contact Rebecca Lehman at email@example.com or 513.556.6119 with any questions you may have.