Position Title: Host Translator Guide Volunteer
Languages Needed: Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Japanese, Kazak, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Tagalog, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
Main functions: Provide language translating services to participating choirs, and escort the choirs from the first official event and until the last official event.
Reports to: Language Services Team Leader.
- Host Translator will be assigned to serve a choir based on country and province.
- Host Translator will also be paired with Choir Host and work closely to serve choirs.
- The goal of both the Choir Host and Host Translator is to make the American experience positive and meaningful by embracing the choir as a friend. All participants (choir members) should experience the real sense of the warmth and friendliness Cincinnati has to offer.
- Team members will be responsible for:
- Escorting choirs to all official activities and have the option of joining them at leisure activities.
- Keeping the choir on schedule
- Knowing the location of all official venues
- Ensuring that choir members are keeping up with belongings.
- Days of operation July 4 – 14. There are 2 sessions 4th to 9th and 10th to 14th.
- Hours could start as early as 7am and end as late as 11pm.
- There are 3 shifts a day, morning, afternoon, and evening.
- Goal is to have the same team escort the choir throughout their 4-5 day stay.
However, if you are a native speaker of the following languages, please provide the additional
information about the date and times you are available and the city and province you are from to