From Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio:
PPSWO has an exciting new paid internship program for Healthy Neighborhood Outreach. We'll be going to households in specific neighborhoods in Cincinnati and Dayton to promote expanded access to no-cost birth control at Planned Parenthood.
We'll be hiring 8 interns in Cincinnati and 8 interns in Dayton, who will conduct 5 canvasses on Saturday afternoons. The likely start date is July 28.
Please see the listing below. If you're interested, just reply to this email or get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be held the week of July 16, so submit your resume ASAP.
Position: Canvass Intern
Locations: Cincinnati or Dayton
Dates: July - September 2012
Hours: 4 hours/week
A $250 stipend is offered with this internship. 5 canvasses will be conducted on Saturdays from 10 am – 2 pm, with one training session.
- Conduct weekly door-to-door canvasses to educate residents about Ohio Medicaid eligibility
- Follow a canvass target list and script, includes 60 knocks per shift
- Register voters and collect voter pledge cards as part of large scale voter registration and engagement project
- Ensure compliance with Ohio laws related to voter registration
- Complete data entry
- Support Planned Parenthood’s mission
- Previous voter contact experience preferred
- Available every Saturday morning through mid-September
- Capable of walking for 4 hours in 95 degree weather
- Outgoing, self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Complete a background check and provide at least 3 references
- Must have reliable transportation, preferably with GPS
Eight interns will be hired in Cincinnati and eight in Dayton. Both teams will canvass 5 times, rain or shine.
Proposed Dates are July 28, August 4, August 11, August 18, August 25, and September 8. Dates are subject to change.
All resumes must be submitted by close of business on July 6, 2012 in order to be considered for the position.