Saturday, October 3, 2009

Turner Scholars Welcome Event

When I hear a student is Turner Scholar, I immediately assume they're an outstanding individual. Like most assumptions, I base it on the people in the group I've met before. Since many a RAPPer has been a Turner Scholar (or is it the other way around?), I've had the pleasure of meeting many. Through them, and through participating in the Turner Selection Committee, I've developed great respect for the program's academic rigor and community-minded nature.

Because of all of that, I was exstatic to get to attend the recent Turners Scholars Welcome!


Picture taking after the delicious dinner (provided, btw, by RAPP VI alum Dr. Bleuzette Marshall of the UC Foundation).

The RAPP display at the event. We're on track for continuing the great tradition of Turner Scholars in RAPP this year!

-Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment