Act (Activists Coming Together)
· To build community for students who are committed to feminist activism
· To provide students with coordinated and meaningful learning opportunities re: feminist leadership & activism development
· To develop students as leaders and engage them as activists and change agents on campus and in community
· To challenge students to critically think about how systems of oppression affect change processes and one’s role as change agent
Commitment: ACT is a one-year commitment. This includes:
Monthly activist lecture series (First Wednesday of each month from 12-1pm)
- Meet with other participants and staff to reflect on relevant activist/leadership current issues and build sense of community among participants.
Monthly discussion groups (Time TBD)
- We will discuss readings, relevant current issues/topics and reflect on personal experiences in activism and leadership
- Either individually or in a group, design and implement an activist/advocacy project with the purpose of creating change in a particular setting/with a particular population.
Shared reflection upon completion of program
- Create some form of reflection that summarizes how this program has supported your growth as a feminist leader and activist. Share this reflection with others in the program at the end of your experience.
For more information, contact Kim Fulbright at kimberly.fulbright or 513.556.4328. Applications are available at www.uc.edu/ucwc.
Applications are due October 15, 2010