Monday, October 18, 2010

The I-Word Program - This Wednesday!

From Ethnic Programs and Services:


On behalf of Ethnic Programs & Services, Latinos En Accion, and the League of United Latin American Citizens, we want to invite you to our upcoming program coming up this week on Wednesday.

Please come and join us from Wednesday, October 20th as we are joined by panelists to discuss and educate the University of Cincinnati student body on the importance of the "I-Word." The "I-Word" is the word "illegal" used by many to describe "illegal immigrants."

The I-Word creates an environment of hate by exploiting racial fear and economic anxiety, creating an easy scapegoat for complex issues, and OK-ing violence against those labeled with the word.

People are not illegal.      Let’s stop feeding the hate machine.      Drop the I-Word.



EVENT:                  THE I-WORD
DATE:                    October 20, 2010
TIME:                    6:00pm – 8:00pm
VENUE:                 427 ERC (Engineering Research Center)
**Panel Discussion**
**FREE FOOD Catered by Taqueria Mercado**

No comments:

Post a Comment