From UC News:
University of Cincinnati Libraries Press Release
Contact: Melissa Cox Norris, Director of Library Communications, (513) 556-1558 or email@example.com
Spring LIFE OF THE MIND Lecture Series Kicks Off April 10
March 19, 2012 – The spring “Life of the Mind” lecture series will kick off Tuesday, April 10 from 3:30-5pm in the Russell C. Myers Alumni Center. “Life of the Mind” features interdisciplinary conversations with UC faculty around a one-word theme followed by audience Q&A. Each quarter, there are two “Life of the Mind” sessions with three "thought provocateurs" contributing to each session. The spring “Life of the Mind” theme is “Identity.”
At the April 10 event, three distinguished faculty members will address the theme from unique and diverse perspectives:
- Stefan Fiol, Assistant Professor of Ethnomusicology, College-Conservatory of Music, “The Performance of Identity”
- Laura Dudley Jenkins, Associate Professor of Political Science, McMicken College of Arts and Sciences, “Identity Improvisation”
- Gregory H. Williams, President, University of Cincinnati, “Identity – Two Centuries of Uncertainty”
The second session in the series on “Identity” will be held Tuesday, May 8 from 3:30-5pm and will feature:
- Elaine Hollensbe, Associate Professor of Management, Carl H. Lindner College of Business
- Amy C. Lind, Associate Professor of Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies, McMicken College of Arts and Sciences
- Jeffrey M. Timberlake, Associate Professor of Sociology, McMicken College of Arts and Sciences
“Life of the Mind” is free and open to the public and attracts a broad audience including UC students, faculty, staff, and alumni, as well as people from the community. Past themes have included “Technology” and “War.” More information about “Life of the Mind” is available online at www.libraries.uc.edu/lifeofthemind/.
Can't make it to the Alumni Association to participate in person? "Life of the Mind" will be streamed live atwww.libraries.uc.edu/lifeofthemind/.
“Life of the Mind” is co-sponsored by the Office of the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost, the Chair of the University Faculty, and the UC Libraries.
Continue the discussion of “Life of the Mind” at lunch at the Faculty Club on Wednesday, April 11 at 12:00pm. The club will offer free dessert and coffee to those who eat lunch at the “Life of the Mind Table.” This event is open to all. Reservations required, call (513) 556-4154.