You are invited to join us by participating as a conference presenter or participant in the 5th Annual University of Cincinnati Diversity Conference on Wednesday, March 27, 2013 from 8 AM - 5 PM. Last year’s conference brought almost 400 participants and included presentations by noted Cincinnati Leaders and faculty.
This conference is designed to highlight pedagogy, experiential knowledge and innovative practices that encourage individuals and organizations to build vibrant, diverse and inclusive environments. To make this event great community collaboration, we are seeking thought-provoking interactive workshop presentations and stimulating panel discussions. We welcome proposals from all interested faculty, students, staff, administrators and area professionals who practice and value being a diversity LEADER.
Conference Session Topics
Your program proposal should emphasize being a LEADER in one of the following topic areas:
· Class and Poverty: This topic deals with socio-economic diversity and challenges, including debt and homelessness.
· Conflict Resolution and Leadership: Focus on resolving conflict and providing participants with opportunities for leadership within their communities.
· Sexuality & Gender: Topics relating to sexuality and gender identities/expression are featured in this category.
· History, Politics and Law: The intersection of government and politics with diversity provides many interesting topics for discussion.
· Media, Music, Art and Well-Being: Cultural diversity, including social media use, music, art, and health consciousness.
· Mental and Physical Challenges: These workshops focus on topics affecting those with physical challenges (including deafness, blindness, and mobility impairments) as well as mental challenges, learning disabilities and other handicaps.
· Race, Ethnicity and Nationality: One of the more common topics thought of in relation to our conference is race, but we expand this category to include both ethnicity and nationality.
· Religion: Islam, Christianity, Buddhism and more: Religious diversity makes up a significant topic among our workshops.
· Work, School, Family and Community: Topics pertain to how to improve work, family, and/or school environment or work toward tolerance and acceptance within their community.
· There will be an opening ceremony, keynote and four (4) concurrent sessions with 8 to 10 presentation choices. Audiences will range from 25 to 65 people. The format is flexible and may include more than one presenter. Sessions will be one hour and fifteen minutes in length. All participants will enjoy networking opportunities during breakfast, the Marian Spencer Ambassador Diversity Awards Luncheon and our closing reception.
· We are pleased to utilize a new conference management system where abstract proposals, bios and pictures are submitted on-line. Open an account now, you may continue to use the site to edit and build content up until the *January 11, 2013 DEADLINE.
· Proposals will be evaluated by a committee and presenters will be notified by February 1, 2013.
· Conference presenters will receive complimentary registration with meals, a personalized Diversity Leader Certificate and a Diversity Leader T-shirt.
· The early bird registration rate of $25 Students, $50 Faculty & Staff and $75 for community and non-UC faculty is available until January 11, 2013.
· Rates after January 11, 2013, $30 Students, $55 Faculty & Staff and $100 community and non-UC faculty.
· All registrants will receive meals and a personalized Diversity Leader Certificate.
We invite organizations, departments and individuals to join us in presenting this year's conference. The sponsorship levels and corresponding benefits are:
SPONSOR LEVELS & BENEFITS:
- Champion - $500; admit 2; quarter page and name listing as sponsor
- Change Agent - $1,000; admit 4; half page and name listing as sponsor
- Leader - $2,500; admit 8; full page and name listing as sponsor
For more information visit: http://www.uc.edu/diversity/Conference.html