Monday, September 28, 2009

The Good News I Have: Akwaaba was A(k)wesome!

Yesterday was one of my favorite events of the year - Akwaaba Black Student Welcome. It was, in my opinion, the best Akwaaba yet! The staff and students of the AACRC did a great job planning and executing this celebration.
There was a wealth of resources and information for students new and returning. There were platefuls of delicious food. There were excellent performances by several student groups. There were clever and varied "commercials" for many UC and community groups - including SALD and RAPP. (I can't even begin to describe my excitement and appreciation of all the cheers of support for RAPP's commercial!)

Terri and Patty of the SALD Office at the SALD/RAPP/SAB table.


Mayor and UC Alum Mark Mallory spoke to the crowd

I loved seeing RAPPers who are also sorority members show off their stepping skills! Latoya of RAPP XXIII (singing) and Brenna of RAPP XXII (far right) compete with Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.

Our great recruitment team - all of us worked hard promoting RAPP at Akwaaba!

-Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment