UC Women’s Center Reclaim Peer Advocate Program is recruiting undergraduate students (this is a volunteer program) for the 2010-11 school year.
For information about the program and application check-out the Reclaim website.
For more questions contact Kim Fulbright at Kimberly.email@example.com or 513.556.4328.
UCWC RECLAIM Peer Advocate Responsibilities and Guidelines
1. Provide campus and community advocacy services to victims of sexual assault, including support, crisis
intervention, court and legal advocacy and hospital accompaniment.
2. Provide non-threatening information on police, medical and legal procedures.
3. Inform survivors of available community resources, as indicated by individual needs and assist with referrals by victim.
4. Assist with the answering of the 24-hour Help Line through an "on-call" cell phone system.
5. Maintain records related to the provision of services and submit these records to the
Sexual Assault Response Coordinator in a timely manner.
6. Assist in educational programming and other outreach events.
7. Attend mandatory monthly in-services the first Saturday of each month from 10:30am-12:30pm.
8. A one-year commitment to the program which allows for optimal personal and professional growth.
9. Participation in year long program evaluation.
1. Application and interview acceptance process.
2. Mature and dependable individual. Advocate must be able to actively listen and communicate.
Advocate should be non-judgmental and have an understanding of the needs of victims of sexual and gender violence.
3. Once accepted into the program, advocates are trained in issues related to sexual violence through a 40-hour training
coordinated and facilitated by the UCWC.
The mandatory training dates this year are:
June 5th 10am-1pm
September 9th, 10th, 16th, 17th 9am-5pm
October 2nd 10:30am-2:30pm
4. Access to personal transportation.