The Office of the University Ombuds is looking for student volunteers for the Just Conversations peer mediation program!
The "Just Conversations" mediation program recruits and trains volunteer student mediators who serve individuals and campus organizations with conflict management.
"Just Conversations" student mediators will assist with a variety of student issues including roommate disputes, interpersonal issues and organizational conflicts.
The "Just Conversations" program provides hands on experiences for UC students to practice civility, embrace freedom and openness, promote justice and accept responsibility.
Some brief points about the Just Conversations Mediator position:
- This is a volunteer position.
- Students will conduct peer mediation, conflict coaching and provide workshops and programs.
- A 12 hour training program will be held this spring, on Friday May 6th and Saturday May 7th.
- The commitment for next year is minimal (2 meetings/month) and very flexible.
- Mediation and conflict management skills are highly marketable!