Thursday, February 2, 2012

Peace Corps Campus Visit - Feb 22nd!


I hope this finds your 2012 off to a great start!

My name is Katie Sylvester, and I am the Peace Corps Recruiter for the University of Cincinnati.  I will be visiting campus on Wednesday, February 22nd for various recruiting events such as class talks, information sessions, and office hours.  Each year, I receive and interview numerous UC students who are bright, globally minded, and service oriented.  Peace Corps is an excellent opportunity for such students to have the opportunity to have  life changing experiences, learn a different language (or enhance current foreign language skills), experience a different culture, and to take everything that they have learned in the classroom and apply it in an international setting while answering the call to service.

I was a Peace Corps Volunteer myself in Zambia from 2004-2006, and I feel extremely fortunate to be able to help others attain the incredible experiences that Peace Corps has to offer.  I would welcome the opportunity to speak to any of your classes while I am on campus for 5-10 minutes to introduce Peace Corps and to advertise my events on campus.  Please contact me if you would be interested in hosting me for a brief time in your class.

Your support is greatly appreciated, and please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.
Thank you,

Katie Sylvester
Field Based Recruiter - Cincinnati
U.S. Peace Corps
RPCV Zambia, 2004-2006
Peace Corps Fellow
University of Cincinnati School of Planning 2008-2010
513-328-2936


No comments:

Post a Comment