Monday, April 29, 2013

Spread the Word Tip #1: Wear That Shirt!

With Accelerating Racial Justice 2013 applications due this Friday, we're reposting this short series from August 2010:
Jojo at MainStreet Stride 2010

To help promote RAPP, you don't have to be like Jojo (XXIV) here and carry a sign everywhere. If you think about it, he has TWO signs in that picture - the one he's carrying and the one he's wearing.

I can't count how many times my RAPP t-shirt has started a conversation. This is true both with people I already know and with complete strangers.

More than once, someone on the bus or out at a park has read the quote on the back and sparked up a conversation with me.

Friends and strangers alike often ask me about the logo... or the Roman numerals... or what the second P is for.

Wear your RAPP t-shirt to classes. Wear it to student group meetings. Wear it to community events, religious services, work (if you can), and just out-and-about. Even if you don't talk with someone about it, it creates visibility.

Also, a few times a year we'll have "RAPP T-Shirt Days" where we ask folks to wear their t-shirt.  I hope to see you in your shirt then and on other days - I'll be wearing mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment