It's an exciting time as we come down to the wire: Applications to be a RAPP Facilitator are due on or by August 1st! We'll be interviewing the top candidates in mid-August and should announce our new facilitator for RAPP XXV by the end of the month.
The job description is posted below. To apply, simply send a resume and cover letter to Rebecca (lehmanrl at uc dot edu).
Facilitator for RAPP (Racial Awareness Program)
Student Activities and Leadership Development
· A bachelor degree (education, social work, family studies, sociology, or related field preferred)
· Experience working with adults or teens from diverse backgrounds
· Experience facilitating groups is preferred
· Working understanding of social justice theory and student development theory is preferred
· The ideal candidate should be inspirational, talented, able to share leadership, and committed to the program.
General Duties: Under supervision of the Program Coordinator for RAPP, the facilitator supports the functions of RAPP (Racial Awareness Program) by assisting in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the program.
· Participate in two-day facilitation pre-service training
· Participate in promotional activities for the recruitment of members
· After appropriate training, conduct intake interviews
· Participate in the planning and evaluation of RAPP sessions
· Facilitate four three-hour meetings and one overnight retreat for each academic quarter (three quarters/year)
Time Commitment: The facilitator must be able to commit for one academic year (nine months, September-May). Work time includes pre-service training, participation in recruitment activities, twelve meetings, three over-night retreats, weekly planning meetings, and limited tasks associated with meetings/retreats.
Compensation: The facilitator is considered to be an independent contractor and is compensated in the amount of $4,000.00 for a nine-month commitment.
(pic - Sarvani P, one of our awesome facilitators for RAPP XXV)