With that in mind, ARJ Student Worker Jamieson and I (Rebecca) have decided to accept applications until Friday, June 28th.
If you wanted to apply and missed the earlier deadline, here's your final chance to get in to ARJ 2013!
Accelerating Racial Justice is RAPP's newest intensive, having premiered summer 2012! Developed collaboratively by students and staff from throughout UC, this leadership program is an excellent option for Bearcats interested in social justice who can't do the year-long commitment RAPP requires.
Program OverviewMonday, August 12 to Friday, August 16, 2013Grailville Retreat Center (transportation provided)FREE to UC students!
Through full participation in the 5-day program, participants:
- Develop relationships with 30+ other Bearcats from all over the university
- Enhance their understanding of racial justice and inclusive leadership
- Build a personal foundation and a supportive community to continue building racial justice and an inclusive leadership community at UC
- Read the Information for Potential Applicants. This piece is designed to cover the common questions people may have about Accelerating Racial Justice to help you decide if it's what you're looking for.
- Complete a written application. This application gathers basic information from candidates. Information on how to access the application is available in the Information for Potential Applicants, which you are expected to read before completing a written application.
The Office of Student Activities & Leadership Development will offer the five-day Accelerating Racial Justice intensive for students to build their awareness, knowledge, and skills related to racial justice and inclusive leadership.
Accelerating Racial Justice’s curriculum is based in best practices in the realms of social justice education, intergroup dialogue, and inclusive leadership development.
After the intensive is completed, participants will be welcomed into the RAPPORT community and will be eligible for the RAPP Social Justice Peer Educator Certificate.
How to Apply