From the STARS/McNair Scholars Program:
Spring Break in Haiti Information Session 9/28 at 3pm in 708 Swift.
- Are you interested in traveling abroad during Spring Break, March 16 -24, 2012?
- Do you want to be part of a team involved in lasting and sustainable community development?
- Are you interested in taking a course for credit to learn about the history and culture of Haiti while developing a project to serve a community in the Northwest region of Haiti?
- Are you interested in scholarship and fundraising opportunities to cover the costs of the trip?
At the information session we will discuss these topics and much more:
- Dates and location of trip: March 16-24, 2012, Northwest Region of Haiti
- Cost of trip: approx $2200– there are scholarship and fundraising opportunities to cover much of this cost
- Winter Quarter Seminar on Haiti (for credit) offered through Africana Studies
- Potential projects while in Haiti: medical team, construction work, community development seminars, children and elderly programming and much, much more!
- Needs and expectations of international travel
For more information contact:Dr. Cheri Westmoreland-