Thursday, August 13, 2009

Teaching Ones Outside of RAPP

I feel like the summer is wrapping up because RAPP is getting back into the swing of things with facilitating workshops! RAPP and Diversity Education offer a wide variety of workshops and trainings on many topics to the University and local community. I'm always excited to take on a new topic and give it our social justice and experiential learning spin.



Last Thursday, Un and I spent the day with student leaders at Thomas More College in Crestview Hills, Kentucky. We worked with students from residence life, the Student Activities Board, hall government, student government, and the National Residence Hall Honorary. They were a great group and we enjoyed exploring with them ideas of leadership, communication styles, and the importance of a diverse team.

Today I'll be back in my old stomping grounds of UC's Resident Education and Development. I'll be working with their residence coordinators and graduate students on hall government issues. This team is one I greatly appreciate being connected with because of their diligence in demonstrating their core values, including multiculturalism and communication.

RAPP and Diversity Education have been working the past year developing peer education programs with RAPPORT. We're available to facilitate workshops with student groups, offices, community groups, and more. To schedule a workshop, simply contact me.

(pic - taken from the Thomas More homepage)
-Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment